Fares Fair Travel offers the services of a dynamic and knowledgeable travel adviser that will assist you in managing your travel plans. My name is Tony King and my vast retail travel experience of 37 years would give you the best value deals around! This website may initially seem quite muddling with strange headers jumbled around but these are pretty much my personal interests in the travel industry, information around where I live, and what additional services I offer like National Arts Festival Accommodation Bookings and BreakFree Holidays, that I am sharing with you. Don't be scared to explore this website - there are some amazing topics - all worth the search !
South African Airways is operating its new Airbus A350-900 on non-stop flights from OR Tambo International Airport to JFK International Airport.
The aircraft will initially operate 6 days a week until Mar31 after which it resumes a daily service from Apr1.
It seats 339 passengers and is configured in business class and economy class.
The airline says it is highly committed to the North American market, which led to the addition of the A350-900 aircraft on the flagship route between Johannesburg and New York.
Major changes are coming for the popular Schengen Visa - a 104 countries' passport to visiting Europe, including South Africa.
From 2 February 2020, new revisions will come into effect that were given the green light by the European Commission in June last year.
The new changes are set to make the visa process easier for countries and individuals in good standing with the EU, as well as address the rise in security concerns stemming from migration.
But what are the most relevant changes for South Africans?
Longer stays for previous visitors that behave
Those who frequently travel to EU member states with a good history of returning to their country of origin within the confines of previous visas will be eligible to receive multiple-entry visas for five years.
Their country of origin must also have a good economic status and must show proof of a genuine intention to leave. This is especially useful for those who travel to the EU for business reasons.
You can apply six months ahead of your trip
Another great change is that applications can now be done six months ahead of the trip instead of three months, while seafarers can apply up to nine months before.
EU member states will also be obligated to have a representative for their country in every country that requires a visa so that citizens from smaller countries don't have to travel to a neighbouring country to apply.
The minimum number of days to apply before your trip will remain at 15 calendar days.
More expensive fees
On the downside, the Schengen Visa will be getting more expensive - it will now cost €80 per application, which currently stands at about R1 280 (at R15.99/€). Children between the ages of 0 and six will still be free.
Another provision in the changes also allows the commission to assess whether the visa fees should change every three years. The visa process will also be used as leverage (including fees, processing time and visa periods) in a bid to improve cooperation with non-Schengen countries to readmit undocumented immigrants.
Travel and medical insurance will remain mandatory.
I, Tony King, Senior Travel Advisor from the beautiful Port Alfred, Eastern Cape - South Africa, am able to care personally and professionally, with my vast travel trade knowledge, for you with regard to your worldwide travel planning.
What I do ?
- Air bookings, simple point to point tickets up to RTW Round The World Air Tickets,
- AIRFARE COSTING SPECIALIST.
- Low Cost Airline Carriers worldwide - we cover just about all those airline at the cheapest possible costs online.
- Hotels, Guest Houses, Bed and Breakfasts worldwide -- DYNAMIC SEARCH.
- Cruises agents for worldwide cruises at competitive pricing.
- Specialized and tailor-made travel packages, DYNAMIC PACKAGING.
- Coach Tours worldwide - luxury down to camping !
- Visa application assistance where possible and online visa form completion assistance service,
- Car Hire Worldwide.
- Rail tickets and Rail passes in many countries.
- Transfers worldwide ( e.g. hotel to airport )
- Outbound Travel from South Africa, to the whole world !
- Inbound Travel to Southern Africa, all over the area but with specific emphasis on the Western and Eastern Cape Provinces.
- Grahamstown/ Makhanda National Arts Festival Accommodation Booking Agent.
- BreakFree Holidays, a voucher based system, with unbeatable hotel and guest house prices,
- Travel Insurance ( new policies and credit card insurance top-ups with all banks except Standard Bank and Diners Club.
- Airport lounge passes.
Interesting daily updates on travel industry matters -- leave me a message here on facebook!