Fares Fair Travel Management ( My personal marketing arm of GoTravel.co.za ) offers the services of a dynamic and knowledgeable travel adviser that will assist you in actually managing your travel plans. My name is Tony King and my vast retail travel experience would give you the best value deals around! This website may initially seem quite muddling with strange headers jumbled around but these are pretty much my personal interests in the travel industry, information around where I live, and what additional services I offer like National Arts Festival Accommodation Bookings, that I am sharing with you. Don't be scared to explore this website - there are some amazing topics - all worth the search !
Immigration New Zealand is introducing a new travel requirement for some visitors.
Effective October 1, travellers from 60 visa waiver countries will need an NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority). Travellers who attempt to travel without an NZeTA from this time will be denied boarding.
This change will only apply to passport holders from countries that currently do not require a visa to travel to New Zealand. South African passport holders currently require a visa.
Affected countries include Canada, Croatia, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Portugal, Greece, Ireland, the UK and Italy.
The NZeTA request costs NZD $12 (R112) when completed online and NZD $9 (R84) when completed on Immigration New Zealand’s app. The International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy is NZD $35 (R326) and is paid at the same time as the NZeTA.
Click here to access the NZeTA request form that will be available from late July.
ZIMBABWE CURRENCY UPDATE
As you will have heard from various travel news providers, there has unfortunately been a change of system with regards to the currencies used in Zimbabwe.
As of Tuesday, 25th June, the US$ is no longer accepted as a currency in Zimbabwe, as well as Botswana Pula or South African Rand. They are all no longer accepted as trading currencies at any establishments in Zimbabwe and the local currency which is the Zimbabwe Dollar/Bond note has been declared the sole currency of Zimbabwe.
What this means for travellers is the following:
· Payments can only be made in the local currency, the Zimbabwe Dollar
· Our Zimbabwean lodges Elephants Eye, Hwange and Nantwich will continue to accept credit card payments for any additional expenses incurred
· Visa payments remain in US$ cash and card
Please note that our guides will advise guests carefully while on safari as to how best to handle the situation and also assist with changing money at appropriate bank tellers when needed.
Tourism operations, however, have not been affected and the local situation is slowly normalising with shops reopening and adjusting their pricing to the new circumstances.
Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will gladly answer any questions we can.
The government is still making adjustments to this regulation on a daily basis and we will keep you updated should any further changes come into effect.
Delays in ESTA approval for the USA
We need to let you know that U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) have advised that changes in ESTA application processing mean real-time approvals will no longer be available.
International travellers using the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) for travel to the United States should apply as soon as possible but not less than 72 hours before their international flight is scheduled to depart.
It is the passenger's responsibility to make their application and ensure they have a valid travel authority before they travel. This will make the check-in process much easier for them. Those nationalities not eligible to use the Visa Waiver Program will need to process a visa before travel.
See the fascinating fully escorted tours from South Africa we have later this year to Poland and the Rail Tour in Japan -- these tour are not readily available and will certainly be the trip of a lifetime...see under Specialized Travel.
I, Tony King, Senior Travel Advisor work hand in hand with GoTravel.co.za, a division of Tourvest Travel Services, in Port Alfred, Eastern Cape - South Africa and am therefore able to care personally and professionally, with my vast travel trade knowledge, for you with regard to your worldwide travel planning.
What I do ?
- Air bookings, simple point to point tickets up to RTW Round The World Air Tickets,
- AIRFARE COSTING SPECIALIST.
- Low Cost Airline Carriers worldwide - we cover just about all those airline at the cheapest possible costs online.
- Hotels, Guest Houses, Bed and Breakfasts worldwide -- DYNAMIC SEARCH.
- Cruises agents for worldwide cruises at competitive pricing.
- Specialized and tailor-made travel packages, DYNAMIC PACKAGING.
- Coach Tours worldwide - luxury down to camping !
- Visa application assistance where possible and online visa form completion assistance service,
- Car Hire Worldwide.
- Rail tickets and Rail passes in many countries.
- Transfers worldwide ( e.g. hotel to airport )
- Outbound Travel from South Africa, to the whole world !
- Inbound Travel to Southern Africa, all over the area but with specific emphasis on the Western and Eastern Cape Provinces.
- Grahamstown/ Makhanda National Arts Festival Accommodation Booking Agent.
- Travel Insurance ( new policies and credit card insurance top-ups with all banks except Standard Bank.
- Airport lounge passes.
- Foreign Exchange.
Interesting daily updates on travel industry matters -- leave me a message here on facebook!