Please see below or conditions of carriage pertaining to live animals on our flights. Please see important requirements highlighted in bold when checking in the pet at the airport.
The airline will only accept domestic animals that are limited to
small and medium sized cats and dogs and small household birds as Checked
Baggage with a maximum crate weight of 32kg including the animal.
The Airline will not accept a domestic animal for carriage unless the Passenger has applied for, and obtained, its prior approval and the Passenger meets all of the following conditions and our applicable Regulations -
Passengers travelling with domestic pets must request permission for the domestic pet to travel. This can be booked from Monday to Friday 08h00 – 17h00 and must be done no later than three (3) Business Days prior to departure. For flights over a weekend, as well as Monday, the cut-off for the necessary pet arrangements must be no later than 15h00 on the Friday prior to the Passenger's flight.
Passengers must allow extra time beyond the required check-in time for the flight to allow enough time to process the pet.
The domestic animal must be properly crated by the Passenger in a suitable container for carriage in the hold of an aircraft in accordance with all applicable legal requirements and the following conditions have been adhered to -
• Be leak and escape proof.
• Be properly ventilated but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
• Provide enough room for the animal to freely stand, lie down and turn around.
• Contain absorbent material or litter.
• Have functional handles on the kennel's exterior to prevent tilting and any direct contact with the animals.
• Be closed securely, but not locked.
• Have labels with the words "Live Animal" on the top and on at least one side supplied by the Airline.
• Be made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite.
• Have necessary supplies of food and water.
The animal is accompanied by, and the Airline is shown upon check-in the following:
• Valid Veterinary health certificate,
• Original vaccination and rabies certificate (unvaccinated pets will not be allowed to travel),
• Entry permits,
• Transit permits,
• Other documents required by countries of departure, entry or transit.
The Passenger should consult their veterinarian and the local Embassy or consulate to ensure that their animal will comply with all requirements.
Animals do not form part of the free baggage allowance and the Passenger is required to pay the charges at the airport upon check-in which is applicable to containers with the animal inside, unless the animal is a guide dog.
The Airline will not be responsible for its loss, injury, sickness or death unless caused solely by its gross negligence and/or wilful misconduct which must be reasonably proved by the Passenger.
In the event that an animal is carried by the Airline without being accompanied by all the certificates and permits required, the Airline will have no liability to the Passenger for any loss the Passenger may suffer and the Passenger will pay or reimburse the Airline (upon request) for any fines, costs, losses or liabilities imposed on or incurred by us as a result of the absence of one or more required certificates or permits.
The Airline reserves the right to deny carriage to domestic animals in its reasonable discretion and does not guarantee that it will be able to provide carriage to domestic animals on all of the flights that it operates.