Fares Fair Travel in association with e-Travel offers the services of a dynamic and knowledgeable travel adviser that will assist you in managing your travel plans. My name is Tony King and my vast retail travel experience of 40 years ( Feb 2022) would give you the best value deals around! This website may initially seem quite muddling with strange headers jumbled around but these are pretty much my personal interests in the travel industry, information around where I live, and some additional services I offer. Don't be scared to explore this website - there are some amazing topics all worth the search !
However, if you are looking for our special deals please visit our sister website www.travelgoodbuys.co.za or search on Facebook for Faresfairtravel or Travelgoodbuys
Fully vaccinated travellers will soon get fast-track lanes at Heathrow Airport under plans to open quarantine-free travel to the UK for fully vaccinated arrivals from amber list countries.
Travellers can digitally upload their vaccination certificates before their flight, then present them on arrival, to be directed to separate lanes at immigration to fast-track them through border control and prevent queues.
Heathrow will launch a trial of the system by July 10 to persuade Ministers to allow quarantine-free travel, effective from July 19, says The Telegraph.
Fully vaccinated travellers from Athens, New York, Los Angeles, and Montego Bay in Jamaica will be offered the chance to participate in the fast-track trial. Their unvaccinated children will also be eligible.
It will also be open to Britons who will upload their NHS app or paper certificate, US travellers who only have paper certificates, and EU citizens whose status is shown on new digital COVID passes.
Two EU countries have put time limits on the validity of vaccination certificates for inbound visitors as the question of the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines over time is being examined by scientists globally.
Austria will only accept travellers who have been fully vaccinated within 270 days of travel. For Croatia, those who received their second shot within 210 days of travel will be allowed entry.
This means that travellers who have received their second shot during August, for example, will be able to visit Austria up to a date in May 2022, and Croatia only up to a date in March 2022.
Several governments, including the US and the UK, are now mooting the idea of booster jabs, after it was found that the immunity afforded by vaccinations appears to recede slightly over time, although the vaccines’ protection against severe symptoms remains high.
US federal health authorities have recommended booster shots for all adults already fully vaccinated with either Pfizer or Moderna vaccines (and possibly those immunised with Johnson & Johnson too), but there remains some scientific disagreement on this. The WHO has criticised the decision to give US citizens a third shot while most people around the world haven’t had even one.
The UK government says it will start a booster programme in September for those who first received vaccines originally.
The UK health authority has also said vaccines designed specifically for variants of concern would not yet be available by the Northern hemisphere autumn, but would be considered once they were available.
The question of mixing vaccines has been raised but a decision has not yet been reached (people receiving a different booster vaccine from that of their first and second shots).
I, Tony King, Senior Travel Advisor from the beautiful Port Alfred on the Sunshine Coast of the Eastern Cape - South Africa, am able to care personally and professionally, with my vast travel trade knowledge, for you with regard to your worldwide travel planning.
What I do ?
- Air bookings, simple point to point tickets up to detailed Round The World (RTW) Air Tickets,
- COVID19 Protocol Advice to most countries,
- Low Cost Airline Carriers worldwide - we cover just about all those airline at the cheapest possible costs online.
- Hotels, Guest Houses, Bed and Breakfasts worldwide -- DYNAMIC SEARCH.
- Cruise agents for worldwide cruises at unbeatable pricing.
- Specialized and tailor-made travel packages, DYNAMIC PACKAGING.
- Coach Tours worldwide - luxury down to camping !
- Visa application assistance where possible and online visa form completion assistance service,
- Car Hire Worldwide - clients must hold a credit card or certain cheque cards in order to transact for any car hire bookings.
- Rail tickets and Rail passes in many countries.
- Transfers worldwide ( e.g. hotel to airport )
- Outbound Travel from South Africa, to the whole world !
- Inbound Travel to the whole of Southern Africa, but with specific emphasis on the Western and Eastern Cape Provinces.
- Many Eastern Cape Accommodation preferred STO rates e.g. Wild Coast Hotels and Activities and places to stay around Addo Elephant Park, Hogsback, Graaff Reinet and many other destinations!
- Grahamstown/Makhanda National Arts Festival Accommodation Booking Agent.
- Travel Insurance ( new policies and credit card insurance top-ups with all banks )
- Airport lounge passes.
Interesting daily updates on travel industry matters -- leave us a message here on facebook!
OR visit our Facebook Group Page