Romantic Holiday Ideas !!
1) Zimbali Lodge in Ballito on the Kwa-Zulu natal North Coast - drive 20 km from Durban Airport. The offering far exceeds the pricing with secluded, balconied rooms almost totally enclosed by natural forest giving the ultimate in privacy. Superb room services makes leaving the room totally optional !
2) The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa - Cape Town warm, welcoming and caring staff to ensure a truly wonderful honeymoon overflowing with special memories, in a breath-taking. exclusive setting amidst splendid Atlantic Ocean sunsets and unique fynbos mountainside. The Heavenly Honeymoon package, available at a surcharge, adds just that bit of pampering.
3) Petersfield Farm at Citrusdal in the Western cape offers self-catering cottages for couples at about R500.00 per night. There is even a romantic bathtub outside in the mountains to bath under the stars.
4) Views Boutique Hotel and Spa, Knysna - stunning location and breath-taking view.
5) Mambiti - Springbok Lodge and Cleopatra Mountain Farm House coupled with a night or two at Granny Mouse Country House. the first two places include all meals, which is great as the only extra are drinks and tipping. Granny Mouse has a honeymoon that includes massages and a special meal. Return to Durban via the Midlands Meander....
6) Dunkeld County Estate in Dullstroom - for people who enjoy the outdoors, loving setting in between trout dams. Go for walks or enjoy cosy nights in the rooms with fireplace.
7) Fordoun Hotel and Spa offers five star accommodation in Nottingham Road in the scenic Kwa-Zulu Natal Midlands, at the foothills of the Drakensberg. It has the most amazing Spa and Romantic packages, not forgetting the chocolate bath for couples.
8) Tshukudu Bush Lodge in the Pilansberg. Only a two-hour drive from Johannesburg in a malaria free area. A small and intimate lodge with only six luxury chalets, each with a private balcony.
9) Jaci's Tree Lodge, Madikwe. Literally built in what seems to be a massive tree - the most amazing place to experience.
10 ) For a destination wedding, try Hanglip Mountain in the Entabeni escarpment, where the guests are taken by game vehicles and the bride can arrive by helicopter. it is a truly "wow" experience and the costs can be tailored to the couples budget.
11) A two- or three night trip on the Zambezi Queen. True luxury and pampering with personalized comfort in the heart of the African wilderness. Cruise along the banks of the Chobe River and enjoy amazing wildlife. Fly into Kasane or transfer from Victoria Falls, leaving you the option to combine it with a couple of days in Vic Falls, Zambia or Botswana.
12) Mauritius for sure is a destination for a wedding. Beachcomber's Le Victoria is a perfect candidate. So many places to choose from to have your wedding reception. They set it all up and make sure you look and feel like the most gorgeous bride on earth. Your whole party is looked after and it's a magical romantic once-in-a-lifetime experience.
13) Flamingo Bay Resort Mozambique. The rooms are built on stilts. For your turndown some nights, you get little packets of fish food - sit on your patio with your feet in the water and feed the fish, nothing more serene !
14) Situated just outside Inhambane, Mozambique's paradise tourist destination, on a pristine tropical private beach, Barra Beach Club combines privacy with authenticity and unspoilt beauty. Twelve deluxe suites are only a hop and a jump from the beach. there are private gardens, secluded indoor and outdoor showers and endless activities to suit every need.
15) A private villa with pool at Constance Belle Mare Plage, Mauritius. Enjoy days sunbathing in your own walled garden beside your own swimming pool. If the ocean beckons then it just a few steps down to the shore. It is set amidst small lakes, frangipani and coconut groves.
16) What about a five-night stay at St Anne's Resort and Spa in the Seychelles. This is a once in-a-lifetime destination and it's ideal for honeymoons. The resort is romantic and the villas are private end elegant. Honeymoon packages always include value-adds like a free meals or discount for the bride, which is always appreciated.
17) Sossusvlei Desert Lodge -surrounded by sand dunes of the Namib Desert. Sheet silence, total tranquillity and romantic luxury. Activities include stargazing to intimate picnics.
18) Island Hop in the Seychelles by chartering a yacht through Sunsail. You can even swim with turtles at Felicite Island, stop off at La Digue and hire bicycles and swim at all the various beaches. The approximate cost to hire a yacht for 5 nights with a skipper is R35000.00.
19) The Royal Chundu's Katombora Island Lodge in Zambia is just amazing, perfect location, excellent staff and service, exclusivity and ultimate relaxation - a proper five-star experience in the bush. the best activity is the rafting trip with the luxury picnic on the banks of the Zambezi River.
20) Reunion. A very romantic getaway is a self drive road trip around the island - beaches to mountains !
21) Le Gemma Dell Est, Zanzibar, combines beach amd old world charm and is all inclusive.
22) Phi Phi Island Village ( now Outrigger ) on the Phi Phi Islands in Thailand. It is heaven on earth with free-standing romantic bungalows on stilts, the most amazing spa with breath-taking views from the Jacuzzi, infinity pool, two lovely restaurant's and swaying palm tress covering the property.
23) Baros Maldives - Five star luxury to the max. spacious rooms all on the beach or Kuredu also in the Maldives - the idea of being so far from the rest of the world, just the two of you - amazing. The finishing touches they offer to honeymoon couples is just the best service ever.
24) Agidir, Morocco. beautiful beaches with fully inclusive options and Morocco has exquisite "mini-hotels" with a maximum of six rooms that are just a wow.
25) Isle of Capri - Italy - you get a chance to experience the real Italian lifestyle, food and culture. there is Anacapri which is slightly cheaper to stay than on the Capri side and the little town of Capri has outdoor markets, outdoor projector movies, singing and dancing. The Blue Grotto is stunning.
26) Porofino, Italy. Stay is a small boutique hotel, walk down to the market to buy some cheese, bread and vino, and have a picnic on the beautiful beach. After a fun day out, dinner for two in an Italian bistro under the moonlight.
27) Chile - amazing food, incredible people. easy assess via Sao Paulo, caters for every occasion, glaciers in Patagonia, sun in the desert, incredible wine, beautiful beaches and just such a diverse place to visit.
28) Rawai Palm Beach Resort, Phuket - a deluxe pool access room is ideal for most young couples and even older ones who have to watch costs. Most packages, include seven nights accommodation with breakfast. Add on to that a romantic 30-minute massage and Thai dinner. There are so many affordable things to do in Phuket - elephant riding, water sports, Phi Phi and James Bond Island.
29) Mallorca is a splendid anniversary destination. Very romantic, awesome hotels and beaches and always do a sunset cruise and heli flip with a romantic champagne picnic overlooking he island from the hill tops.
30) One of the most romantic trips you can do is with Nostalgic Classic Cars in one of their open-top classic Alfa Romeos or VW beetles. Driving through Tuscany in an open top classic car feels as if you are in the La Dolce Vita movies....