Stay in South Africa’s most beautiful university residences for affordable and vibrant accommodation where
friendly and helpful assistance is a trademark of the service we provide
Of our two options available the following information may help you to choose the better one for your needs:
RHODES FESTIVAL "HOTEL"
Limited accommodation in up market and modern Residence includes :
- Tastefully furnished single and double rooms with:
- All white linen including duvet covers, pillows and towels
- Personalized toiletries
- Tea/coffee facilities in every room
- Fully serviced shared bathrooms
- Breakfasts in two private, dedicated breakfast areas, one spilling outside for the fresh air lover (and smoker), and one upstairs.
- Television viewing is available in both
Cost R662.00 per person per night sharing and R772.00 per person single. Bed and Breakfast.
RHODES RESIDENCE ACCOMMODATION
- All guests are hosted by a team of committed hand-picked sub wardens, who are trained to assist Festival guests, and to make our guests’ stay as pleasant as possible
- Accommodation is provided in student residences and designed to accommodate the student lifestyle, i.e. rooms comprise furniture suitable for student needs at University
- Almost all accommodation is in single rooms. A few twin-bedded rooms are available in some of the residences.
Bathing, showering and toilet facilities, with hot water, are available in shared bathrooms. Most rooms include hand basins. Please specify on the booking form should this be a definite requirement.
Bedding is provided. This comprises a covered duvet and blanket (when required), fitted bottom sheet and two pillows. Additional blankets are available on request
Catering: A buffet breakfast is served in a nearby dining hall.
Public telephones are available. Porters are not.
Towels and soap are provided. Shaving plugs, two pronged plugs and double adapters are NOT available.
It is recommended you bring your own torch.
Rooms are serviced daily, unless requested otherwise.
- Tea/coffee is available every evening, on a self-service basis in the common room/lounge within each residence.
- Every residence has its own ‘common room’ /lounge where guests are welcome to watch television, (including DSTV), read a book or meet like-minded festival goers
- Animals are not permitted in the residences.
Cost R582.00 per person per night
- WIFI is available via always on, purchases needs to be made online for
usage of this service.
Arrivals and Departures
Visitors may book into a residence any time after 14:00 on the day of their arrival.
Guests are requested to sign out before 10:00 on the day of their departure.
Guests are required to abide by the rules of the residence to which they have been booked. In addition guests are expected to observe the code of conduct and respect other occupants of the residences. (The code of conduct is available in all residences and the Conference Office).
No refund is given unless notification is received in writing. A cancellation levy of 33% is levied up to 7 days of the booking. Cancellations received within 4 days prior to arrival, incur a levy of 40% of the booking charge. No refunds are give for cancellations on or after arrival date. Refunds are processed after the National Arts Festival. An admin. fee of 10% is levies for all cancellations done before 7 days. GoTravel.co.za as booking agent holds its booking fee and this is non-refundable ( 12% of the Rhodes University Accommodation Costs )
Booking at email@example.com ( preferred booking communication channel )
SMS / WhatsApp ( no phone calls ) 083 580 2228
OPEN FOR FESTIVAL FROM 25 JUNE 2019 - 08 JULY 2019.